Skip to main content

Winter



It’s been a wild time. The tomato plant that grew through last winter, by the compost heap, continues to fruit through this one. There have been so few sunny days that I haven’t been able to finish pruning the apple trees. And I’ve been struggling to finish my thesis. The inside of my head feels a bit like these pics. Messy. Unsure whether to fruit, to ripen or to prune. Or to keel over into the compost.

But a great time for New Zealand women’s films. Sunshine Cleaning as a WIFT fundraiser at Park Road Post, with Christine Jeffs talking about working from Matakana. And Bright Star opening the New Zealand International Film Festival (my response here). And now The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls will join Bright Star and The Vintner’s Luck at the Toronto International Film Festival. ‘Pure fun. Pure love’, a programmer said. I think it’ll take the world by storm.

Comments